Wednesday, May 4, 2011


I normally don't toot my own horn, but in this case, I have to. Today I took the final exam for the editing course I took at UNM (online).

I scored 100!

The test was 36 multiple choice questions. Granted, it was open book and there was no time limit, but there were a few tricky questions.

I have a nice certificate, too.

Next (starting May 18) I'll be taking two classes -- Accounting Fundamentals and Successful Construction Business Management. I have experience in Accounting, but I've never had any formal training.

As for the second one, I've maintained a friendship with one of the Project Managers at the construction company I used to work for. He and another guy have formed a partnership and a new construction company and he wants me to run the office. It's still in the early stages, so I'll have time to learn a lot in these classes before things get rolling.

The classes aren't live; they're "posted" to the website twice a week on Wednesdays and Fridays.

It's been a long time since I've taken classes; I'm happy and excited that I did so well in the editing class and I'm looking forward to these two courses.


Barbara said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Beth!!! And that's very hopeful news about the job prospect.

Elle said...

Way to go Beth!! Congratulations. Go get 'em girl (the job) and a huge hug to you you brilliant woman you! XO Trish

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! We think you're awesome!!
Love and many hugs,
Natasha and her Sweetie