We watch the Republican Debates for pure entertainment. The one on Wednesday night was pretty tame compared to the previous one when Romney put his hand on Perry's shoulder and Perry gave him a look of such anger and hatred, it was scary. Wednesday night's only highlight was a bigger-than-usual gaffe by Perry.
If I were still in my 20s and into drinking games, watching the Republican Debates could be even more fun. I've already thought of a few "rules."
1. Whenever Michele Bachmann says "Obama" take a drink. She spends so much time invoking his name and blaming him for everything, you'll be taking plenty of drinks. And after a few drinks, maybe her voice won't be quite so annoying. (My idea of hell is listening to a conversation between her and Sarah Palin, another person who has an extremely irritating voice.)
2. Whenever Herman Cain says "nine nine nine" take a drink. He does this so often, when he's about to say it, audience members start laughing and he starts laughing, too.
3. Whenever Rick Perry makes a gaffe, take a drink. It happens at least once in every debate. For extra credit, keep drinking as long as he sputters and stutters. That would have been a lot of drinking in this last debate.
4. I hesitate to include this one, because it happens so much you may just pass out before the debate is even over, but here it is. Whenever another candidate is speaking and the camera shows Mitt Romney looking over at that candidate with a condescending smile on his face, take a drink.
5. At the opposite end of that particular spectrum, whenever they actually ask Rick Santorum or Jon Huntsman a question, take a drink. Don't worry; it hardly ever happens.
What are some other good ones?