Monday, August 6, 2007

More Hummingbirds


I'm still trying to get a good picture of all these hummingbirds, but it seems to be impossible. Or at least it takes a lot more patience than I have to stand out there and let them get used to me so they'll come back to the feeders. There are three or four times as many as in the picture. Even with three feeders up, the small one will still be emptied in twelve hours or less. This morning, after filling the small one and the big one, I was completely out of sugar, so I went to the store and bought 2 four-pound bags. They'll both be gone in a couple of days, I'm sure.


This is the time of year we start referring to it as "an infestation of hummingbirds." The cats really enjoy watching them (through the windows, of course).

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Hummingbirds have to be my favourite birds to watch...but you have to be quick! I used to get quite a few in my gardens, but, now that I am in a condo I haven't seen my "little friends" despite my best efforts. I will keep trying...