Monday, August 20, 2007

Thai Food


And now for something completely different.

If you love Thai food, but don't live near a Thai restaurant, or don't want to go out, or if you want to make some yourself but don't want to bother with a long list of ingredients, I have the perfect solution -- Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce.

This is NOT a paid endorsement (although if Trader Joe's want to pay me, I'll happily accept and amend this blog to note that); I'm just a very satisfied customer.

I cut up boneless chicken breast into bite-sized chunks and cut up mushrooms and onions because that's what I had in the crisper. Next time I'll probably add red bell pepper. Use whatever meat (or not) and veggies you like. Saute them in a very little bit of oil until done, then pour in the Red Curry Sauce and stir it around until heated through. Serve on rice. Enjoy! Yum!

The sauce is perfect balance of curry, chili, coconut, and whatever else is in there. It has a nice little bite, maybe "medium" on the hottness scale, so some people may want to add some more chili, but for me, it was perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce too, for the same reasons.

Also, TJ's sauces tend to be cheaper than jar sauces at the regular grocery store (and way tastier).